Wednesday, August 14, 2013

*SweetStamps August Technique Challenge

Good morning-
Are you ready for this month's technique challenge over at SweetStamps!!
I hope you are because it's a fun one and one that I love doing often. 
This months technique is all about:
MASKING
I really love how my card today came together.
For my card, I am using Mermaid Shaleen and she is simply stunning. 
I have even created a picture tutorial, of the steps I took in creating my card. 

Here goes:
  • Step #1: Stamp your image image on your coloring paper and vellum.
  • Step #2: Cut out your image and apply two-way glue to the back of the vellum.  Let it dry completely.
  • Step #3: Lay the vellum on top of your other image. 
  • (I have also left my die in place, to create an additional mask for my edges)
  • Step #4: I stamped my grass
  • Step #5: I removed the mermaid mask, so that you can see the grass around the image.
  • Step #6: I laid my first initial color on the ground, created a mask for the ground as well.  Laid the mermaid mask down as well and started sponging the water scene using distress ink.
  • Step #7: I removed all the mask, so you can see what it looks like again.
  • Step #8:  A picture of all my vellum mask, including the die.  (I keep all my mask I create with the stamp, just in case I were to ever need it again, I would already have it.
  • Step #9: My finished product.  Colored and glittered up!!  :) 
What do you think? 
How did I do....was it easy to follow? 
I really hope that you will join us and show us what you can do with the masking technique.

******************
Join our weekly and monthly challenge
You can use any stamp on your challenge entry, but if you use a SweetStamps image, you will get two entries into the giveaway! To enter the challenge, please add the URL to your actual blog post or online gallery to the InLink at the end of the post. Please do not link to your main blog, we want to be able to find your post to leave you comments. Also, please link back to the SweetStamps blog.
Remember, you can only enter the challenge one time, use a SweeStamps image to get an extra entry in the challenge. Please limit the amount of challenges to 10 (including SweetStamps)You must link back to SweetStamps on your blog post.

Here are the current & upcoming techniques:
Sept 15 - Oct 14: Paper Piecing
Oct 15 - Nov 14: Center Step Card
******************
I would like to enter the following challenge:
Fetch A Sketch #56

Creative Moments #23
Whimsical Designs (die cut, stickles, ribbon, emboss and stamps)
Cuddlebug Mania: Anything Goes (Sizzix Dot Matrix)

Hugs,
Calypso






11 comments :

  1. Beautiful card and a fab tutorial, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial and beautiful card! I love the glittered mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's beautiful. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is lovely! Just love your tutorial! That glittered mermaid she beautiful!!!!
    Big Sweetie Hugs
    Denise
    xox
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love this card! I love the Pop of the colors you used- and always like picture tutorials too! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, love the colours. Thanks for entering Creative moments challenge. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful design, love the bright colors and the added sparkle and greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete